Thursday, July 10, 2014

LOL, Mid Year Crisis!

Hello to all who still subscribe to this blog. Well it's been 7 months and 7 days since I've last posted. Not a good start to another year.

Due to the change of address, a change of climate into Winter, and a change in diet since December I've gained a couple of kilos, lost fitness and raised my blood pressure to an unacceptable level. I refused to take more meds, which considerably upset my GP, as I know it is a personal management problem.

I have an appointment with a cardiologist next month to make sure my heart isn't going the same way my Mother's did. I really don't want a heart bypass because of blocked arteries and my GP decided, that as this is a hereditary problem, to rule it out early. I'm sure he just wants to prove me wrong so he can make me pop more pills *roll eyes*. If I do have a heart/artery problem then I'll act on it when I find out but meanwhile I'll correct the problem I do know something about.

So.....I've completed this little quiz this evening http://healthier.qld.gov.au/calculator/#/calculator and discovered my health and fitness age is 0.3 years below my actual age of 51. Which is good  BUT  this made me wonder what age I would have achieved if I'd done this quiz when I last posted here. I felt then like I did when I was 21, felt really alive and could go all day. I want to feel like that again and I can do it because I know how... I've just become lethargic about my health which is not good when you know as much about your family health history as I do.

See? 
Personal management problem!!

This made me set myself a challenge before I see the cardio - to drop my "age" on the calculator by 10% which will mean I have the health and fitness of someone who is 45.9 years of age. Anything below that age is a bonus as I really don't think I can work miracles in 4 weeks. 

I'm not a consistent blogger but I think I'll have to make myself accountable with this so I'll be keeping track of my diet and exercise daily and I'll try to do a daily management entry of my progress. Tomorrow I'll visit the chemist and have my blood pressure taken, then I see my GP in a week so he'll take it again and there will be one more visit to the chemist before the cardio appointment. I was 61.1kg this morning and I'll do a weigh-in each week including the morning of the cardio appointment.

Don't wish me luck as I don't need it. What I need is to be consistent with my diet and exercise, and the occasional kick in the pants when I'm slack (also lethargic,slothful, inert, idle etc), and I need to improve my personal time management.

Day 1 tomorrow.

Cheers,
Robyn xo



No comments:

Post a Comment